6 Steps in the Mold Remediation Process
Are you nervous about an upcoming mold remediation in Billings, MT? Whether you have black mold or a lesser known variation, fungus growth can cause a lot of stress for business owners. You can review these six common steps to make yourself feel better about your upcoming mold cleanup.
1. Call in Professionals. When you call in a commercial remediation team, they will be able to inspect and assess your building. This will allow them to come up with a unique plan that best suits your mold problem.
2. Start Mold Containment. Setting up barriers and HEPA filters can help keep the mold in an isolated area. Your remediation team may even install a negative air chamber to help with the containment of the black mold.
3. Wear Personal Protective Equipment. While you should try not to spend much time in the affected area, whenever you do go in the mold zone you should be wearing personal protective equipment. The professionals often wear masks, gloves and disposable suits to limit the contact with spores.
4. Remove Porous Materials. Drywall, flooring and other porous materials may have to be ripped out of your building to ensure the mold is completely removed. Even some furnishings may have to be thrown out.
5. Clean Other Items. Items that do not get waterlogged easily can be cleaned and disinfected rather than thrown away. You may have to clean some items on your own, but typically the cleaning and disinfecting will be a major part of the remediation process.
6. Make Repairs. After the mold has been removed, the team may make repairs to drywall and flooring to finish off the cleanup process. Repairs can also include the drying out of wet materials to ensure mold does not come back.
The mold remediation process does not always follow these exact steps. Professionals in Billings, MT, may have to expand their mold cleanup strategy when dealing with certain types of fungus, such as black mold.
For more information, visit http://www.SERVPRObillings.com.