3 Ways To Make Sure Your Restaurant Stays Free of Mold Growth After Water Damage
Having to deal with mold growth in a restaurant is something that no owner wants to endure. An establishment that contains both food and moisture can be the perfect place for it to thrive. Owning a restaurant in Billings, MT, with its high humidity, means that extra care should be taken. Likewise, if you have a busy kitchen with areas that are susceptible to water damage, you should take the following steps to minimize the likelihood of mold.
1. Good Ventilation
The very nature of a restaurant, with lots of steam and water around most of the time, means that if the area isn’t well ventilated, then mold could appear. Installing ventilation equipment in the main cooking and dish-washing locations and arranging for it to be consistently maintained could help to prevent the conditions that cause invasive growth.
2. Staff Training
Ensuring that all staff members are trained in how to handle food safely and hygienically means that the risk of mold appearing on it may be greatly reduced. Employees should also be aware of the importance of keeping all of the restaurant equipment clean and the temperature in the restaurant stable to avoid high humidity. This training can help to reduce the risk of mold growth on food.
3. Checking Hidden Areas
Checking areas in the restaurant that may not be easily visible is typically extremely important. These locations can sometimes be the most predisposed to mold. Areas hidden behind sinks or kitchen equipment can have water damage that has not been discovered, providing the perfect environment for the mold to grow. Moving equipment regularly, checking for moisture and cleaning behind, underneath and on top of it can be an ideal way to avoid this.
Mold growth in your restaurant can be stressful. However, following the above steps can help you decrease the chances of it happening in your location. For more information, visit http://www.SERVPRObillings.com/.