“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Why does it matter to me if a company says "Mold removal' instead of "Mold remediation"?
Many restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is not an accurate explanation of how to rid an area of mold growth. First you must understand that mold is microscopic and it is naturally on every surface, in the air inside your home as well as outside. It naturally occurs in every environment. Due to this fact, "removing all mold" is impossible. SERVPRO of Billings understands mold and mold growth. We work hard to maintain the proper training and skill set to remediate mold from any home or business.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (406) 252-0859
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (406) 252-0859
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Billings is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2020 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: