If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (406) 252-0859

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Filing an Insurance Claim for Commercial Water Damage

1/29/2020 (Permalink)

Insurance claim form with a pen on top of the form. Let us handle the negotiations for you, nobody wants to deal with insurance claims

If your business property has been damaged by water, you’ve seen how disruptive it can be. Suddenly, you have calls to make, professionals to consult and a cleanup process to organize, all before you can return to your work. This discussion of insurance coverage for water damage may clarify the best way for you to obtain financial assistance with the process.
The source of the offending water will help determine whether you need professional restoration services and what type of insurance will reimburse you for your damage. Damage from internal sources will generally be covered by a conventional business insurance policy, but flooding and other external water sources will usually be excluded.

Conventional Business Insurance Coverage

Most common types of internal commercial damage will be covered by your business insurance policy. If any of the following sources contributed to your property damage, you would consult your insurance agent for water damage coverage possibilities:

  • Broken pipes
  • Sewer backups
  • Leaking toilet or shower
  • Leaking appliances
  • Stormwater entering above ground level

You may find that insurance policies vary in limits and deductibles between regions. Your agent can outline your coverage details and initiate a claim.

Commercial Flood Insurance

The US government issues flood insurance to cover you for water entering your home from outside at ground level or below. Floodwater generally originates from a severe weather event or a municipal breach, such as a blocked drainage culvert or dam break. Your insurance agent can help you file a flood claim with the government. If you don’t have flood insurance and are in a low-lying area or higher-risk area for water damage, it may be wise to consider it.
If water somehow ended up where it wasn’t wanted in your Broadview, MT, business, your to-do list is likely full of water cleanup and restoration activities. Consulting your insurance agent early on may give you some peace of mind and set you on the path back to business as usual.

Other News

View Recent Posts